Vasotec Side Effects
Vasotec has also been studied extensively in clinical trials for people with congestive heart failure. The most common side effects observed with Vasotec were:
- Dizziness -- reported in up to 7.9 percent of people
- Low blood pressure -- reported in up to 6.7 percent of people
- Cough -- reported in up to 2.2 percent of people (see Enalapril Cough).
Other side effects, occurring in more than 1 percent of people with high blood pressure or heart failure include (but are not limited to):
- Fainting (syncope)
- Unexplained rash
- Shortness of breath
- Spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI).
There are a number of side effects with Vasotec that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include such things as:
- Unexplained swelling of the head or neck (including the face, lips, tongue, or throat)
- Unexplained swelling of the hands or feet
- Unexplained skin rash
- Unexplained blisters or peeling of the skin
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- Stomach pain (with or without vomiting)
- Any symptoms that might suggest an infection, such as a fever or sore throat
- Decreases in the amount of urine produced.