Precautions and Warnings With Vasotec
Precautions and warnings with Vasotec include avoiding salt substitutes with potassium when taking the medication. Other things to be aware of when taking Vasotec include potential drug interactions that may occur when taking it with other medications (such as diuretics or lithium). There are also serious warnings involving Vasotec and pregnancy -- the drug poses serious risks to the fetus. The following article compiles some (but not all) of the precautions and warnings to be aware of with Vasotec.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure, aortic stenosis, or hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Liver disease (including cirrhosis) or liver failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE)
- A personal or family history of angioedema (swelling under the skin)
- Any allergies, including allergies to ACE inhibitors, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Are on dialysis
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.