Valsartan Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with valsartan. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication well. If side effects do occur, they are often minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
The most common side effects include:
- Infection with a virus, such as the common cold or flu
- An increase in blood potassium levels
- Stomach pain
- Extremely low blood pressure
(Click Side Effects of Valsartan to learn more, including serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)
You can also read about other possible side effects in the following eMedTV articles:
- Controlling high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Treating congestive heart failure
- Helping to improve survival rates for heart attack patients.