Side Effects of Valsartan
Valsartan Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of side effects with valsartan that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Unexplained skin rash
- Unexplained blisters or peeling of the skin
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- Decreases in the amount of urine produced.
Rare Side Effects of ValsartanThere are other valsartan side effects that can occur. These rare side effects happen in less than 1 percent of people. Given how uncommonly they occur, it can be difficult to tell whether these side effects are caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these rare side effects of valsartan include but are not limited to:
- A spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Allergic reactions
- Hair loss (see Diovan and Hair Loss)
- Impotence (see Diovan and Erectile Dysfunction)
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known medically as rhabdomyolysis).