Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Monopril. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. When they do occur, side effects are often minor, meaning that they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
The most common side effects seen in people with high blood pressure include:
- Cough (see Fosinopril Cough)
- Nausea or vomiting.
In people with congestive heart failure, the most common side effects include:
- Low blood pressure
- Muscle pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Chest pain not related to the heart
- Upper respiratory infection, such as the flu or common cold.
(Click Monopril Side Effects to learn about the specific side effects of Monopril, including serious side effects to look out for. You can also read about other possible side effects by going to:
- Fosinopril and Weight Gain
- Fosinopril Sexual Side Effects
- Fosinopril and Dry Eyes
- Depression and Fosinopril.)
(Click Monopril Drug Interactions for more information.)