General Monopril Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking Monopril include:
- Your Monopril dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- It is best to take Monopril on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before a meal. However, it may be taken with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Make sure to take Monopril at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medicine in your blood.
- For Monopril to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Monopril will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Monopril as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Monopril or your Monopril dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Monopril without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.