Precautions and Warnings With Metoprolol Succinate
You should not take metoprolol succinate if you:
- Are allergic to metoprolol succinate, Toprol-XL, other beta blockers, or any inactive component used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a slow heartbeat (less than 45 beats a minute).
- Have certain types of irregular heart rhythms (specifically second- or third-degree heart block).
- Have serious congestive heart failure.
- Have sick sinus syndrome.
There are a number of situations in which metoprolol succinate should not be taken, as well as several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before taking the drug. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the safety concerns with metoprolol succinate that may apply to you.