When and How to Take MetolazoneGeneral considerations for when and how to take metolazone include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- You can take your dosage with or without food.
- Metolazone should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood. However, some people do not need to take the drug every day, especially people taking it for fluid retention.
- Because this medication increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid having to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Metolazone will not work if you stop taking it.
Who Makes Metolazone?Metolazone is made by UCB Pharma. Generic versions are made by various manufacturers.
- Metolazone 2.5 mg
- Metolazone 5 mg
- Metolazone 10 mg.
Generic MetolazoneCurrently, both brand-name and generic versions of metolazone are licensed for sale (see Generic Zaroxolyn).