Congestive Heart Failure Home > Metoprolol Succinate
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken once a day.
- Metoprolol succinate should be taken with or immediately after a meal.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the tablets. However, they may be broken in half (on the "score" line), without disrupting their extended-release characteristics.
- Metoprolol succinate should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For this medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Metoprolol succinate will not work if you stop taking it.
- You should not stop taking metoprolol succinate without first discussing it with your healthcare provider. Stopping the drug abruptly increases the risk of serious side effects (see Precautions and Warnings With Metoprolol Succinate).