Congestive Heart Failure Home > Metoprolol Succinate
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking metoprolol succinate if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure, a history of a heart attack, or an irregular heart rhythm
- A slow heart rate
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease
- Raynaud's phenomenon or other circulation problems
- A blood vessel disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to other beta blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Toprol-XL and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Metoprolol and Breastfeeding)
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.