Congestive Heart Failure Home > Digoxin Overdose
Taking too much digoxin (Lanoxin) can cause potentially serious and even life-threatening problems. Digoxin toxicity can occur even with normal doses, so make sure to contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience overdose symptoms, such as vomiting, confusion, or yellow vision. Treating a digoxin overdose can include administering an antidote, pumping the stomach, and providing supportive care.
Can You Take Too Much Digoxin?Digoxin (Lanoxin®) is a prescription medication approved for use in children and adults to treat heart failure and atrial fibrillation, a type of abnormal heart rhythm (heart arrhythmia). As with most medications, it is possible to take too much digoxin.
- Nausea and vomiting (not as likely in infants and children)
- Decreased appetite
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- General feelings of discomfort
- Blurred or yellow vision
- Slow heart rate
- Heart arrhythmias
- Cardiac arrest (when the heart stops beating)