Congestive Heart Failure Home > Precautions and Warnings With Carvedilol
Who Should Not Take This Drug?
- Are allergic to carvedilol, Coreg, any inactive component used to make the medicine, or other beta blockers. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of inactive ingredients.
- Have a slow heartbeat (less than 45 beats a minute).
- Have certain types of irregular heart rhythms (specifically second- or third-degree heart block).
- Have asthma or other breathing problems.
- Have sick sinus syndrome.
- Have serious liver disease.
- Have severe heart failure that requires IV medicines.