Congestive Heart Failure Home > Carvedilol
- The medication comes in tablet form and is generally taken twice a day.
- Carvedilol should be taken with food.
- Your dose should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Carvedilol will not work if you stop taking it.
- You should not stop carvedilol without first discussing it with your healthcare provider. Stopping the drug abruptly increases the risk for serious side effects (see Precautions and Warnings With Carvedilol).