Congestive Heart Failure Home > Generic Aldactazide

Generic Aldactazide is sold under the name Spironolactone-HCTZ tablets. It is available in two strengths: 25/25 mg and 50/50 mg (each containing equal portions of spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide). Several drug companies currently manufacture generic Aldactazide products, including H and H Laboratories, Mylan Pharmaceuticals, and Greenstone. As with the brand-name version, the generic version is used to treat high blood pressure and water retention.

Generic Aldactazide: An Overview

Aldactazide® (spironolactone-HCTZ) is a prescription medication that has been licensed to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and water retention (edema). It is a combination of two diuretic medications: spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ).
Brand-name Aldactazide is made by Pfizer. However, the patent for the drug has since expired and generic Aldactazide is now available.

Strengths of Generic Aldactazide

Generic Aldactazide tablets are available in the following strengths:
  • Spironolactone-HCTZ 25/25 mg tablets, containing 25 mg of spironolactone and 25 mg of hydrochlorothiazide
  • Spironolactone-HCTZ 50/50 mg tablets, containing 50 mg of spironolactone and 50 mg of hydrochlorothiazide.

Who Makes Generic Aldactazide?

Currently, the following manufacturers make generic Aldactazide:
  • Mylan Pharmaceuticals
  • United Research Laboratories
  • H and H Laboratories
  • Mutual Pharmaceutical Company
  • Greenstone.
If interested, you can ask your pharmacist for more information about all the different makers of generic Aldactazide.
Written by/reviewed by:
Last reviewed by: Kristi Monson, PharmD;
Last updated/reviewed:
List of references (click here):
Other Articles in This eMedTV Presentation

Topics & Medications


Related Channels

eMedTV Links
Copyright © 2006-2020 Clinaero, Inc.

eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.

This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.