Congestive Heart Failure Home > Aldactazide Dosage
The recommended Aldactazide dosage for controlling high blood pressure ranges from 50/50 mg to 100/100 mg daily. This can be split up into two smaller doses per day or taken all at once. For the treatment of water retention, Aldactazide dosing ranges from 25/25 mg to 200/200 mg daily. This can also be taken all at once or split up into smaller doses.
The dose of Aldactazide® (spironolactone-HCTZ) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to Aldactazide.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Aldactazide Dosage for High Blood PressureThe recommended dose of Aldactazide for high blood pressure (hypertension) ranges from Aldactazide 50/50 mg to Aldactazide 100/100 mg daily. This can be taken all at once or split up into two smaller doses per day.
Aldactazide Dosage for Water RetentionAldactazide is also used to treat water retention (edema) caused by congestive heart failure (CHF) or cirrhosis of the liver. The recommended dose of Aldactazide for water retention ranges from Aldactazide 25/25 mg to Aldactazide 200/200 mg daily. This can be taken all at once or split up into two smaller doses per day.
Considerations for people taking Aldactazide include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once or twice a day.
- You can take Aldactazide with or without food.
- The medication should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- Because Aldactazide increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night). If you take it twice daily, try to take your last dose of the day before 6 p.m., unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For Aldactazide to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Aldactazide or your Aldactazide dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.