Some general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Lozol comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Lozol should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of medicine in your blood. However, some people do not need to take it every day, especially those who are taking it for fluid retention.
- Because the drug increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Lozol.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Lozol Dosage for more information about dosing guidelines for this medication.)