Among the factors that affect a person's Dyazide dosage are other medications being taken and other medical conditions that he or she may have. Whether the drug is used to treat high blood pressure or fluid retention, the recommended dose is either one or two capsules a day. You can take your Dyazide dose with or without food, but you should take it at the same time each day.
An Overview of Dyazide DosageThe dose of Dyazide® (triamterene-HCTZ) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to Dyazide.
As always, do not adjust your Dyazide dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dyazide Dosage for All UsesThe recommended Dyazide dose (no matter what the use) is one or two Dyazide capsules a day (equivalent to 25 mg to 50 mg of hydrochlorothiazide and 37.5 mg to 75 mg of triamterene).
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Dyazide with or without food.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain even levels of Dyazide in your blood.
- Because Dyazide increases urination, it is best to take it the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Dyazide will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Dyazide dosing in general, talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without discussing it with your healthcare provider.