An Overview of Dyazide Dosage
The dose of Dyazide®
) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to Dyazide.
As always, do not adjust your Dyazide dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dyazide Dosage for All Uses
The recommended Dyazide dose (no matter what the use) is one or two Dyazide capsules a day (equivalent to 25 mg to 50 mg of hydrochlorothiazide
and 37.5 mg to 75 mg of triamterene
General Information on Dosing With Dyazide
Some considerations for people taking Dyazide include:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Dyazide with or without food.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain even levels of Dyazide in your blood.
- Because Dyazide increases urination, it is best to take it the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Dyazide will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Dyazide dosing in general, talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without discussing it with your healthcare provider.