Digoxin Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome digoxin side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- An usually fast or slow heartbeat
- An irregular heart rhythm
- Blurred or yellowish-green vision
- Abdominal (stomach) pain or tenderness
- Enlarged, tender breasts (especially in men)
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual bruising or bleeding (such as blood in the stool or nosebleeds)
- Mental or mood changes, such as:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking digoxin or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.