Serious Chlorthalidone Side Effects
Some side effects with chlorthalidone
, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- Signs of dehydration or low electrolytes, such as:
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Final Thoughts on Chlorthalidone Side Effects
You may experience some or none of the chlorthalidone side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug. Also let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of chlorthalidone, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.