What Is Carvedilol Used For?
On occasion, your healthcare provider may recommend carvedilol for treating something other than the conditions listed above. This is called an "off-label" use. Some off-label carvedilol uses may include:
- Treatment of arrhythmias (abnormal electrical activity in the heart), including atrial fibrillation
- Treatment of chest pain (angina)
- Hyperthyroidism treatment
- Migraine prevention
- Relief of alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Anxiety treatment, including social phobia and performance anxiety.
Carvedilol has not been approved for use in children, although it may be used in an off-label fashion to treat several conditions. For example, carvedilol may be used in children with Marfan syndrome to slow down the progression of aortic dilation (widening of the aorta).