Precautions and Warnings With Carvedilol
Who Should Not Take This Drug?
You should not take carvedilol if you:
- Are allergic to carvedilol, Coreg, any inactive component used to make the medicine, or other beta blockers. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of inactive ingredients.
- Have a slow heartbeat (less than 45 beats a minute).
- Have certain types of irregular heart rhythms (specifically second- or third-degree heart block).
- Have asthma or other breathing problems.
- Have sick sinus syndrome.
- Have serious liver disease.
- Have severe heart failure that requires IV medicines.
There are a number of situations in which carvedilol should not be taken, as well as several precautions and warnings with carvedilol people should be aware of before beginning treatment. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about any safety concerns that may apply to you.