Candesartan Dosing for Congestive Heart FailureThe recommended starting candesartan dosage for people with congestive heart failure is candesartan 4 mg once a day. Every couple of weeks, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to a target dose of candesartan 32 mg once a day. If side effects occur, a lower dose may be recommended.
- Your candesartan dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Candesartan may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take candesartan at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medicine in your blood.
- For candesartan to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Candesartan will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your candesartan as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to candesartan or your candesartan dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking candesartan without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.