Side Effects of Bumetanide
Serious Side Effects of BumetanideSome side effects with bumetanide, while not as common, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- Confusion, disorientation, or other mental problems (signs of hepatic encephalitis, a brain problem in people with liver disease)
- Signs of dehydration or low electrolytes, such as:
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pain or muscle cramps
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Decreased urination
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia) or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia)
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) or hearing problems
- Worsening of gout
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Rare Side Effects of Bumetanide
Rare bumetanide side effects occur in 0.5 percent or less of people taking the drug. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are because of the medication or something else.
Some of these rare side effects include but are not limited to:
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Muscle pain or bone pain
- Vertigo (a sense of spinning)
- Dry mouth
- Nipple tenderness
- Sexual problems, such as premature ejaculation (ejaculating too early) or difficulty maintaining an erection.