What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure (renal failure)
- Fluid or electrolyte problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Bumex and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Bumex and Breastfeeding).
Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Bumetanide to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)