When and How to Take Amiloride-HCTZGeneral considerations for when and how to take amiloride-HCTZ include the following:
- Amiloride-HCTZ comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day, although it may be taken more often.
- The medication should be taken with food.
- Amiloride-HCTZ should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood. However, some people do not need to take the drug every day, especially those taking it for fluid retention.
- Because amiloride-HCTZ increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For amiloride-HCTZ to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing Information for Amiloride-HCTZThe dose of amiloride-HCTZ that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to amiloride-HCTZ.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Amiloride-HCTZ Dosing for more information.)