Aldactone Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Aldactone if:
- You are allergic to Aldactone, spironolactone, or any inactive component used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of inactive ingredients.
- You have very severe kidney disease, including acute kidney failure (renal failure).
- You are not producing any urine (called "anuria").
- You have high potassium levels (hyperkalemia).
- You have Addison's disease.
- You are taking eplerenone (Inspra®).
There are a number of situations in which Aldactone should not be taken, as well as a number of warnings and precautions people should be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all the warnings or precautions for Aldactone were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the Aldactone warnings and precautions that may apply to you.