Aldactone Side Effects
Some side effects with Aldactone, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Signs of high potassium levels (hyperkalemia), such as:
- Abnormal sensations, such as burning, tingling, or pricking
- Muscle weakness
- Low heart rate (bradycardia)
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Breast enlargement in men (known medically as gynecomastia)
- Breast lumps
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Final Thoughts on Aldactone Side Effects
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to Aldactone, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.