The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Aldactone.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Aldactone Dosage for more information about dosing guidelines for Aldactone.)
As with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Aldactone. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. When side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
A few of the reported side effects of Aldactone include:
- Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
- Breast development in men (gynecomastia)
- Menstrual changes, including irregular or absent periods
- Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or ED (see Spironolactone and Impotence).
(Click Aldactone Side Effects to learn about the specific side effects of this drug, including serious side effects to look out for.)
Drug InteractionsAldactone can potentially interact with a number of medicines(see Aldactone Drug Interactions for more information).