General considerations for when and how to take this drug include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once or twice a day.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Aldactazide should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood. However, some people do not need to take the medication every day, especially people taking it for fluid retention.
- Because Aldactazide increases urination, it is best to take it the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night). If you take the medication twice a day, try to take the last dose before 6 p.m., unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to Aldactazide.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Aldactazide Dosage for more information.)