The treatment for an Aldactazide overdose will also vary. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment also involves supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Medications to increase blood pressure
- Measures to correct electrolyte imbalances
- Other treatments based on complications that occur
- Close monitoring of the heart and lungs.
It is important that you seek prompt medical attention if you believe that you may have overdosed on Aldactazide.